Thursday, June 9, 2011

5-19-11 Surgery & Other Drama

My DD Kaylee is having surgery on June 7th! We had her consult today, which went pretty well. Her doctor is nicknamed the "Rockstar" Peds surgeon at this hospital.

She has had a growth above her left eye that has been growing and pushing the corner of her eye down. It has been there for a year and they didnt want to operate on her in the event that it would go away on its own. But now it has entangled itself in a few of her facial nerves and a nerve of her eye movement, so it is a slightly risky surgery. She is also only two years old and the size of a small one year old. [she and the 9 month old I watch are the same weight and kay is only 4 inches taller] So she is itty bitty, she was preemie and could have a gentic thing going on, but they arent jumping to conclusions there unless she doesnt grow by her 3rd year appt.

The surgery is currently labled as outpaitent with a 24 hour nurse assigned to us for emergencies. It could become a 1-2 day stay in the event something goes wrong...which here is the list of things that COULD go wrong:

-They hit the facial nerves which would prevent her from moving that side of her forhead
-They hit an optic nerve which could cause temp or perm blindness in that eye
-She has a seizure during the procedure from the "sleepy meds" [She has had random seizures since she was 3 months old where she would completely stop breathing and go totally limp...yes a mothers nightmare. All her tests were inconclusive and she hasnt had one since she was 1 and a half.]
-She doesnt wake up from her sleepy meds [very low chance but it can happen]

Those are my main concerns, there are plenty of other things that could go wrong but not as forward on my mind. Ugh, well those of you who made it through my rant THANKS (:
Im not sure of the responce I am looking for but I had to vent it out or I was going to combust into a ball of stress and worry.




On a happier note:
her birthday party with family is this weekend! She is so excited, we are having the party at chuck e cheese which she LOVESSSS! I am making homemade red velvet and zebra cupcakes [recipes will be up soon(:] With HOT PINK frosting and black glitter sprinkles. Her theme is PRINTS so I found all these cool girly prints for her cupcake holders [will post pics after party] And got some hot-pink plates and napkins and balloons. (: I am not a very big girly girl but I can be when it comes to my bby girl! I am also making her a tutu with animal prints and a onsie with a lepord print 2 with hot pink trim and stiching!







I am currently on 10 DPO and will being testing in the AM! KYFC!!! Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment