Thursday, June 9, 2011

6-1.5-11 Scary thoughts....

Sooo, was having a fairly normal day yesterday and today. Yesterday night I had some light spotting[brown blood and red] and cramping but later this afternoon it was insane. Like HOLY CRAP IM GUNNA DIE pain. So I called my OB who sent me to the ER where I had to sit for 3 hours. But here is what happend:

I came into the ER right after work, was put to the front of the line [ahead of a guy with a possible broken arm] and went back to a private room where I got down to my skivies and into a hospital gown. I had an ER nurse come in to collect all my info, then another ER nurse to explain what will happen and who will be doing the proceadures.
Then a nurse came into draw my blood and collect a pee sample. I told him that my veins were hard to get at. He said he would give it a try and just check and see if he could find a good one to try. He tried to find a good vein and wasnt comfortable enough to stick me over and over again since I was already a nervous wreck. He said in the lab there was a girl who was the QUEEN on getting impossible veins. Thank heavens he was right! She got it on the first try and I could hardly feel it.
After that was said and done the ER NP came in and said he would be my doctor and would be performing a internal/external pelvic exam with tests as well. He went and got a female nurse to come in and help. They were quick and descriptive and very nice. After that the doctor said he would run my blood for a beta & infections and urine for any infections. Since I had not had a doctor confirmed pregnancy they needed to make 100% sure I was actually pregnant.
My beta came back and they sent me for an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay inside and that nothing was out of place [ie; ectopic pg] That came back normal. [She did however see something interesting, she saw my 'apple-seed' in my uterus BUT she also saw what may be 'apple-seed 2' or it could just be a cyst next to kiddo2.] Beta was good. They sent all my labs to my OB who was on call anyway and she and the u/s tech both comfirmed I am about 5 weeks along.
Overall I was told I had/have "threated miscarriage. Which about 40% of "T/M" end in miscarriage. But 60% go on to have almost perfect pregnancies. I have another blood draw on Friday and I have to make a appt with my OB and more than likely until the cramping and bleeding stop I will be considered High Risk.
I can still do daily life acctivities. But no sex for a while, no lifting anything heavier than 40lbs and sit or lay as much as possible during the day. I should also avoid sitting in the heat for long periods & running/working out [ugh].
I am holding tightly to that 60% and praying my little apple seed stays in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment