Friday, June 10, 2011

A Moment of Bliss

I tucked my daughter Kaylee into bed tonight. I hugged her, I kissed her, I cuddled her.

I cherished it, I took my time. I read her more stories than I would on a normal night.

And then she looked up at me, all sleepy eye'd and dreamy, took her binkie out of her mouth and kissed me on the cheek, told me she loved me. I cried. I couldn't help it, I just cried. I have never felt love and bond as the bond and love between me and my daughter. I can't imagine anyone loving someone as much as I love her. My heart was shattered and put back together in mila seconds of that tiny girls kiss on the cheek.

She amazes me. Every breathe she takes, every milestone she hits its pure amazment. And she is mine, that beautiful little girl, is mine. I am a proud mother. A mother of a daughter that is beautiful and smart and wise beyond her years.

Who knew that a two year old drooling, snotty, cranky little girl would be the light of my life. If you had asked me 5 years ago I would have told you that you were nuts. Now, I can't imagine my life any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment